Little girl abandoned in Melbourne

Anyone following this .

IT IS an image that haunts Australia. A little girl in a red jacket is led through a railway station and to the centre of a mystery that spans three countries.

Pumpkin, as the three-year-old was nicknamed on account of her Pumpkin Patch vest, was abandoned by her father in Melbourne. He then fled to Los Angeles.

Detectives have expressed "grave, grave fears" for the safety of the girl's mother. They believe her depressed father - who has a history of violence - may have murdered the woman.

Apparently the father was one of those 'pillar of the community' type in NZ. He published a few Chinese newspapers and was a well respected instructor in Tai Chi.

He amounts to nothing but an arsehole to me. How could you abandon your own little one like that

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Apparently the father was one of those 'pillar of the community' type in NZ. He published a few Chinese newspapers and was a well respected instructor in Tai Chi.

News.com.au is reporting that he has a history of violent assaults on his wife and that she had left him. She had a number of protection orders taken out against him by various women's shelters.

He also has a daughter from a previous marrige who refused contact with him.

Men who hit women and abuse children are vermin.

All that stuff is emerging now Soubs. I doubt it was common knowledge a few weeks ago. I saw some footage of a documentary he made, where he prattled on about being a proud father .blah....blah..

Some people have many layers.

i hope he gets what's coming to him...

i am at a loss to understand how someone could abandon a child like that? although at this stage it's not looking too good for mum, so at least pumpkin is in safe custody

even when I see a kid in a supermarket crying cos he's lost, I will take him to the security guard.

and then the announcement "would the parents of abandoned child in blue jeans and green shirt please go to the information centre where the police are waiting to interview you"

i like this quote from the LAPD:

"And as the focus turned to finding Mr Xue, the Los Angeles Police Department said delays in contacting them by Interpol and New Zealand police would make it difficult to locate him.

"Obviously, the US is quite big and since Saturday, this individual could have hopped on a plane or gone anywhere else in the world, to be honest with you," LAPD officer Mike Lopez told ABC radio."

forgive my ignorance, but if he hopped on a plane to leave the US, surely immigration would have some sort of record of where he went?

with all the publicity from this case, you would think he would be found relatively soon, no?