Wow, great report. Do you know what the weather's like other times? I was kinda turned off by Niseko coz every reading mentions how it's hardly ever sunny in Niseko ~ hope it's not like that on Appi??

Originally Posted By: Eunice
Wow, great report. Do you know what the weather's like other times? I was kinda turned off by Niseko coz every reading mentions how it's hardly ever sunny in Niseko ~ hope it's not like that on Appi??

japan is famous for it's snow - if you want sun i think europe would be best for you

Eunice. In Tohoku, if you can't see the mountains, it's snowing. If you can see them, it's going to snow. You should get off the weather jag. If it's sunshine you want, go to yurrup and ski ice and rocks. What you get here is snow.

Originally Posted By: spook
 Originally Posted By: Eunice

japan is famous for it's snow - if you want sun i think europe would be best for you

no Oz..... we have extra strength sun here.

by the way, last summer Iwate in general had a horrible year for snow... so did Niseko, but in Iwate you could see the foliage on the sides of the roads...

Off piste was untraveled and pretty good when I went in February, but the piste had dirt showing in places...

Originally Posted By: nuejam
by the way, last summer Iwate in general had a horrible year for snow... so did Niseko, but in Iwate you could see the foliage on the sides of the roads...
Off piste was untraveled and pretty good when I went in February, but the piste had dirt showing in places...

Mate, in summer the snow is generally shite.

Last winter, Yamagata did fine. We had 6 metres instead of 12 metres. The whinges were all coming from the south.
 Originally Posted By: nuejam
Whoops, I'm working on a collage of summer photos for my girlfriend, so I accidentally slipped up.

I meant to write 'last winter.'

Welcome nuejam. I recognise a mindslip when I see one. Very prone to those myself. Just taking the pish. That's what we do here ;\)

cheers.

I grew up playing video games online;

deathly allergic to sarcasm, humour,

and any other semantics when used in online forums;

I risk bringing out the 13 year old in me again. ;\)

and so, as cliche as they are,

smiles are much appreciated.

winter or summer.