Myself and a few mates are going to Japan from late December to early January this year. We want to go snowboarding for a week in Japan. Where would the best place be for not only snowboarding but also for night life as well. We are all about 23ish so we are fairly young.

I was thinking of Hakuba (or whatever its called) as there are alot of resorts and places to say. If anyone can point in the right direction it would be appreciated

Cheers

Alex McD

Hakuba has it all. A few different resorts within commuting distance, lots of places to stay (go to the Hakuba page on this site and check accomadation) and lots of night life in an area called Echoland (which is a rarity at most Japanese hills).

I'm no expert Alex McD, but I'll be more help than those other clowns.

Niseko sounds like what your after. A big resort, lots of terrain, plenty steep enough for a Darwinite like yourself. There is plenty of places to go out at night and eat/party (or so I'm told, I'm too old to go out anymore). Plenty of English speaking service around, and a few more good resorts close by.

The only 'problem' is. There are thousands of young 23 year old Aussies doing excactly the same thing as you want to do. (which I'm sure you will hear more about).

Hakkuba offers a lot too. I haven't spent much time there so.......over to someone else....