Extremely overweight people (the ones who inflict it on themselves)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's the same mentality with Japanese and certain fish and octopus dishes (hell many seafood dishes). I don't get how killing something quickly seconds before doing the butchering makes something any less tasty wakaranai.gif

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
Oh go on then do tell us about chillin with Konishiki.

He was at a party that I went to. Just chatted with him for a few minutes, he's a nice enough guy. He has to travel with his own chair - it's dangerous for him to sit on a normal chair as he may be over the intended load limit. Once you get that big, I'm not sure there is much you can do to loose the weight without surgury or some other drastic measure. His wife was pretty hot thought!

I had to skin a live frog's legs when I was in Uni. The frog was sedated (dunno what with!!) and we had to make a scalpel incision around its waist then tug the skin off like a pair of trousers. We then had to snip the hamstring muscle off at the sciatic junction and attach that to a battery. The whole point was to demonstrate that nerves use electrical impulses to move muscles, which any high school Bio student already knows. I guess they just wanted us to get the practical understanding

Why is it Maccas that cops all the crap? What about Burger King, Tim Horten, Wendys .ect....

They are very successful at what they do, largely due to some very clever (sneaky) marketing. I dont know how Maccas are set up in other places, but the ones around here have safe kids playgrounds set up right next to a cafe. Parent can have a break, a coffee and read the the paper while the little ones play. They also offer a variety of salads and healthy sandwiches, they even sell apples on the front counter.

I take my kids there more than I'd like to admit, they usually go the happy meal with the toy. Not something I'm proud of but not ashamed either. My kids are skinny and healthy, they do swimming, dancing, net-ball and other activities. They dont have any computer games to play or play station in the house.

It all comes down to moderation.

As for me. I'm a junk food, snuffling pig. Give me a Quarter pounder over a poxy salad any day.

\:D

Moderation, thats what it is all about.

I think Maccas get all the crap because they taste pretty bad. Burget King and other places are at least a step up in the taste stakes!

a mac salad is 10cal. you can add 20-130 cal to that depending on what dressing you choose. Like Mantas said, it's all about the choice... Unfortunately, not all people are aware of this as they just think salad = healthy!

Healthy is not only related to the number of calories. Eating a 10cal Macsalad (without the dressing) might be okay if you are trying to control your weight but that's about it. There are practically no vitamins and minerals in iceberg lettuce and cucumber is something like 90% water. Also after the veg have been opened/cut and exposed to the air much of the good stuff is destroyed and those pre-cut salds are full of bacteria. I don't mean that it's as bad for you as a pack of fries, just that there are better salads to eat. We have limited calorie allowance each day so for me it's a waste of calories to eat anything I don't absolutely love.

If I go to MacDonalds, I have a burger and enjoy it!