I'm doing a Masters in Primary teaching and need a couple of volunteers to try out something for me. :grateful_bow:

Quote:
1. Develop a simple open-ended tasks/problems for someone to solve. This person may be an adult or a child but select your audience before you develop the tasks.

2. Before you give it to your selected person, do the tasks yourself. Think about and record your working out and write down the knowledge and understandings you needed to complete the tasks.

3. When you think the tasks are appropriate, give them to the child/adult. Let them solve the tasks. You may find that they solved the problem in a different way to you. Use questions and prompts to encourage them to talk about the way they solved the problem. You may also like to share your method or approach. Be supportive.

So I'm all ready to be supportive, here's the task:

Quote:
You and a friend/partner have a 6-week vacation from work and 3,000,000 yen (total not each) at your disposal. You must spend all the money. You can go anywhere and do anything you like but you can’t take anything with you other than the money (or your bank/credit cards), your passport, and whatever you need for the initial journey. You can buy whatever you like when you arrive at each destination and throughout your trip. You cannot save or invest the money in any way (that includes buying things for yourself or friends that will not be used on the trip).

How would you spend the money?

Give reasons for your choices and show your calculations, including links to websites with prices where available.

Thanks clap.gif

That's way too much homework for me! Basically, I would find a place that has snow and blow it all by going there and snowboarding, eating good food, getting excellent massages, etc. It's to very hard to blow $3M on 6 weeks of snowsports - I think I came close to that this year!

Thanks Thursday.

Forgot lot of people are on holdiday now so are too busy to do stuff like this!

Thanks Tsonda, yep, I've seen it. The idea just came from thinking about what people on here would be most likely to enjoy dreaming about though (keeping it clean & related to primary school maths).

Originally Posted By: thursday
3 mil would not last 6 weeks.

lol.gif

Happy juggling! (Can you write a few sentences about the juggling so I can show how you got the final answer?)

ok so far an AK heli ski trip ($5,539.00 - $5,695.00 US at 5 days 7 nights, H20 heli) or a cat ski trip ($3,760.00 CD at 4 days Island Lake Lodge) will not last longer than two/three weeks.

the other option is to "keep it real" and stay for 6 weeks in squaller in india and give the rest away to some sort of NGO i support.

oops, forgot to show my calculations.

$20,000 First Class ticket to Vegas for me and CB

$50,000 (5 nights in the Presidential suite at the Ballagio)

$10,000 10 hookers for 5 days

$50,000 meals for me, CB, and said hookers

$5,000 Hummer Limo, full-time driver 5 days

$10,000 'tip money' to keep all the doormen and waitresses happy

$10,000 Armani suits, different suit for each day

$5,000 Bathing suits for the guys and the hookers

$5,000 2 buff security guards to roll with the enterage

oops, that's alreay 19M yen...guess i'm over budget and I didn't even get a chance to drop 100k at the tables. Can I get a bit more budget?