Will the ever popular Mr Abe lose on the weekend?

Quote:
The Japanese prime minister, Shinzo Abe, yesterday indicated that he would continue as leader, despite the publication of a poll showing that his coalition was heading for an embarrassing defeat in this Sunday's parliamentary elections.

Mr Abe, whose support ratings have plummeted over expense scandals involving cabinet colleagues and the government's mishandling of millions of pension records, said he would continue with his controversial plans for education and constitutional reform "whatever the circumstances".

I'm just looking foward to the election being over - I live near Sakuarda Dori and it seems to be the main road for those loudspeaker guys to yell out 'vote for me, I can fix the pension system - i'm going to poison all the young people so the old can rule the world'

There seems to be an election of one kind or another every few weeks here. Those people in the blaring trucks waving seem to go on and on. I'm gonna get one next time, just go round waving see if any1 waves back! \:D

That would be fun. Get a truck, dress it up and slap "Liberal Democratic Gaijin Party" all over it, put on some white gloves, wave and grin.

Looking forward to the Trip Report!

Here is my campaign platform -

- Gaijin no longer have to pay neinkin

- Job descrimination based on lack of Japanese language skill - illegal if the candidate can speak english!

- Boom box law, no loud speakers on trucks - fine is $1M yen and 30 days in the slammer.

- Mandatory english language school for all kids K-12 taught by foreign teachers

- Luxury tax of 700% on all branded goods entering Japan

- Tourism board to promote snow sports as primary Japanese attraction in 2008

- Snow Japan declared a national heritage project to recieve government funding...

Yes he got it in the jacksie bigtime. He's not resigning though, oh no. \:D

I feel sorry for him a little bit, the pension thing is hardly his fault, though I have to say the way they STILL haven't sorted it out months later is very poor indeed. Just make a damn decision.

They are all theives anyway, it doesnt matter who gets in power.

If I could vote Id go with this dude Tanaka who was Nagano governor before: http://www.love-nippon.com He seems to be anti corruption and from him its somehow believable. I met him once and he gave a speech about his political views, they were extremely philosophical I was quite taken aback. Not the usual 'lets work hard, make good schools blah blah' nonsense.