Think I'm gonna go on a rampage!!!!

Some ba###rd has beeen playing Taiko drums for 3 days solid, I'm at the end of my tether, think I'm gonna march round to the bloody shrine and ram those sticks where the sun don't shine!!!! Shut the bloody hell up!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

um, this is Japan - this is what they do. They play a song everyday at 5pm on the tsunami warning system, all the school bells chime with the same tone, and people play taiko in the shrine.

Try living next to the football field of a HS in the US and wake up to marching band practice every morning at 7am. Can't be that bad...

We could rename this thread, "Noisy Japan".

Overzealous housewives beating the dust out of the futons much too early on Sunday mornings

Elections

Shop staff standing on beer crates shouting through megaphones

Boys who think it's cool to drill holes in their exhausts silencers and the police who shout at them though megaphones

but worst of all, semi (cicadas).

Thank god they've stopped!!! Go join them, are you mental?? Sure it was cool for the first couple of hours, but to have the incessant banging go on for 3 days solid, it definitely tried my patience. They didn't even change the beat, it was the EXACT SAME FOR 3 WHOLE DAYS!!!! Couldn't hear the TV, couldn't hear music, only this damn bang bang bang on the bloody drums!

Anyway, they've stopped, happy days!! \:D

The cicadas dont bother me to be honest. We've a couple of trees right outside the front door that they seem to congragate in, but the noise isn't so bad, cats on the other hand mad.gif I would shoot every one in my neighbourhood!! hehehe

Cicadas are really noisy buggers. I don't have a tree outside my house, I think the closest is about 50m away but they are still really loud. They just signal "hot" to me which ain't good.