I just found this written on a manju wrapper.

Quote:
Seiyo Kyujitsu

Hakata Torimon

The spirit of OKASHI. It is what gives a peaceful and pleasant mind to the human race. All the time, man seeks romance in the OKASHI. We have been working hard and carefully, and work on. To weave the romance and the fancy into each OKASHI. This, at last, we have made up "The HAKATA SEIYO-WAGASHI". If you taste the feeling and the spirit of the OKASHI which value tradition and living in the times, there is no pleasure better than it.

lol.gif

Would it fit in the cho-yummy thread.

Seriously how the bollocks do they come up with that? Is it just put through some poor translation thing and then made worse as they see fit for it to "sound good to Japanese".

Funny shit.

No dude... that is how they would say it in japanese.

I have a coworker who is making a website about sites around Japan. It always has quacky language like; "And here, you can see the vibrant and beautiful green hillside enclosing the never-ending waterfall that drops constant water."

I do believe that is how she wants to write it in japanese...

I remember the first time I came to Japan, there was some mystical zen message written in english on the milk carton!!! I think its FAF. I love reading all the flowery, nonsensical english that float around on various products