1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Who has a floppy disk drive now on their pc? (Poll below). I don't have one on the 2 machines I have.

Quote:
The growing problem of accessing old digital file formats is a "ticking time bomb", the chief executive of the UK National Archives has warned.

Natalie Ceeney said society faced the possibility of "losing years of critical knowledge" because modern PCs could not always open old file formats.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6265976.stm

Floppy disk is a storage medium not a file format.

That article is poor, they start off talking about floppy disks (storage medium) and then suddenly they introduce OpenXML (file format) which is something totally different.

The last 2 machines of mine have not had floppies. I think the last time I used one was about 5 years ago. I do have a lot of discs though and I suppose I'm going to have to find a drive to get them all on my pc once and for all. Most of it will be junk but I want to check them all before clearing out.

I remember the days of the Spectrum and cassette tapes, along with the fuzzy screen as things loaded. I was always impressed with all that technology.