Just got back from Hirafu today, dont worry its all good there, pleanty of powder to go around, up until the 25th was shite but its getting back to normal now, only thing different from ususal is that they arent opening all the lifts on a regular basis 6c often closed and the top singles havent run at all yet but strawberries and all that is rideable with only the night riding being a touch hard and icy.

well, dismal has turned into fully siiick!

skipped xmas day as i was a bit ill & the snow looked terrible, then it started dunpin xmas night & kept gonig for 2 days... scored some of the deepest freshies of my life! really awesome... quite a lot of bamboo, but its easy to ride through - kinda fun actually, as it makes you feel like indiana jones in a powdery jungle! ive taken to wearing some bamboo leaves sticking out of my helmet, which the japanese find hilarious \:\)

off to hakkouda-san in 3 days, plenty of mileage left in niseko before i go, snowed a fair bit this evening so freshies tomorrow again \:\)

happy new yeat y'all & thanks again for all the great info. & Kyoto was astoundingly beautiful, by the way!

yeah, db, niseko just got better, too. i just got back yesterday, and was not displeased. could score some fresh lines from morning til nightfall (and probably later if my legs weren't jelly).

I heard someone say they heard from a local that this is the worst season in 30 years, despite the 100cm increase in base in the last week or so. imagine that place when its normal, eh?