Hi all. wave.gif

I'm in Kanagawa at the moment but have the chance of moving up to either western Akita or east Iwate in July - and I have the choice if I make it in the next 2 weeks. Of course it's not just going to be a decision based on "snow" but I'm giving that a look in on my decision \:\)

What would you do?

Hi Poppie wave.gif

(Is that your real name?)

Sounds nice to me. I really want to go to Akita, that would be the place that got my initial (admittedly rather unresearched) vote.

iwate man. for snow at least. morioka would be a great little city to live in. akita is really the sticks. where as iwate although quite small by comparison to much of japan still has access to the outside world.

More people have said Iwate than Akita, for sure.

I've decided to take a few days off early next week and have a 4 day trip up there to take an initial look and get some of those important first impressions \:\)

I have spent time in both places and I generally prefer Akita. There are some extremely pretty areas up there, nice area, lots of really really inaka countryside. Do you want the pretty inaka or near to a big city like Morioka?