Some friends headed over to Cortina on a snowy/rainy Dec31st to check out Cortinas trees. On their second run they spotted patrol in the trees. The weak link of the bunch got nabbed and had to spend an hour in the patrol shack.

I am a Cortina fan. The trees at Cortina are steep and the powder is deep but I will not be heading back there to ski a few steep courses. Compared with a few years ago Cortina has back tracked too much.

They asked me to go over with them at lunch but the wife and I were having too much fun in Tsugaike's old double black diamond club and around there. Also the north facing stuff was prefect no need to cut an hour out of the day.

I do my best to keep informed

Me and two mates had a top day riding pow at Kagura all day on 30th Dec last year. We rode under the lifts, through the trees, hiked out back and had no trouble with patrol whatsoever. I hadnt ridden at Kagura before but my mates showed me around and patrol seemed remarkably relaxed. Anyone else had experiences in Niigata like this?

Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:
Me and two mates had a top day riding pow at Kagura all day on 30th Dec last year. We rode under the lifts, through the trees, hiked out back and had no trouble with patrol whatsoever. I hadnt ridden at Kagura before but my mates showed me around and patrol seemed remarkably relaxed. Anyone else had experiences in Niigata like this?
In Niigata, have ridden Kandatsu, Gala, Kagura, Naeba, Joetsu Kokusai. I think Kagura is the only place that has a fairly laid-back patrol, like you've described. Maybe that has something to do with the fact it used to be a yama-ski area?

Still, gotta be careful of avalanches when you go back-country off the top there.

Ou Ken sucks assss. If he didnt fall then the rest would have been busted down by the lift.

I think I watched that guy fall about 30 times this trip.

Point being If you go to Cortina then watch out cause there is a good chance of beening busted. PS no warning just bye bye