Funny, Fattwins, i was going to recommend the opposite.

Ontake is way bigger than Norikura. it is not a small place!

Ontake though, probably wins the prize for worst homepage in japan, ugly, not informative, and those 2 webcams?!? they are a complete turnoff.

But i'll recommend the place over Norikura anytime (to people at my level anyway)

I've spent 7 days at Ontake so far this season, and one at Norikura.

I am no Expert boarder, i don't go to the board park, (Ontake got it) i like to stay on the ground \:\) and i don't know much about back country, something that you, Fattwins obviously know a lot about, Please take that into account, Forum.

All i can say is that i went to Norikura for one day (1/2 04) and i did not enjoy myself at all (read my review) it may have been my own fault though.

Next day i went to Ontake, and left the place with a happy feeling, sore muscles and a lot of nice runs in memory.

(bathrooms are cleaner too and with hot water!!!)

ATB

Thunder

Point taken but knowing that are boy here loves whistler the key point is terrain. Ontake is pretty flat they have one run if moguled up could be a black run. Sorry I forgot about the lower 100 vert of vert they consider hard.

Norikura is not on my list but in the southern area it is much better for people who want harder terrain.

If you do like Ontake then go back, have fun that is the point.