On groomed slopes, blizzard is best for me unless I can't see 50 feet in front of me...Blizzard/heavy snow usually means all day powder even on groomed slopes..."the next day" for groomed slopes doesn't usually = powder.

"In the trees", I much prefer the day after if I can be part of the first group out there...

I have been snowboarding at Hakkoda when I couldn't see 30 feet in front of me and hated that big time...

I'll second Ray there. Groomed is groomed, the only way to get the freshies on piste is to slide it as it falls. There's also the added bonus (when hard enough) of few people out.

On that note, nightas rock during a blizzard. Few people, heavy buildup, make even limited terrain fun to ride.

I used to think the day after, but skiing while its snowing so hard your tracks get filled in after a lap is something else...I'll take that any day. There were times like that in Niseko the last couple weeks, but not many. As long as the goggles hold up, I'll take that any day. ;\)

While snowing, after snowing. Its all good. Only thing that is no good is when you drive up to the mountain to find that the gondola is on windhold and you can't get to the powder(as I did at Hakkoda today). Still thats more snow for tomorrow - and I have another day off...

ah, its good to see a greater tele contingent on the boards. mittyak, snowhaus, teledude, and eventually me, when I 1.) get to be good enough to call myself a tele-er (not a novice pinner, which i am) and 2.) when I actually get the bc gear to warrent the pain and difficulty associated with learning to tele.

free the heel, free the mind...er, something... wave.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Blizzards are by far the best I love skiing in them. Most people dont ski that much in blizzards so it gives you a chance to get more tracks.
]

word brotha, word... 'twas in shizukuishi in iwate-ken on sunday, and it was blizzard conditions. nobody, repeat, nobody was skiing the trees (except me). i probably had 50 acres of perfectly spaced trees (perhaps 5-10 meters between trees) with maybe 30cm+ of fresh the night before, and probably 15+ that fell during the day. with this onsen afterward, the day was heaven. lol.gif

e-oosawaonsen.jpg