Absolutely nothing to do with snow or Japan. But i thought people might find it interesting anyway.

if you knew what a woeful fisherman i am then you would understand how special these photos are.

As far as Marlin go this is just a baby, bearly 60lbs.They can grow in excess of 800lbs. Note the satellite tag we put in this one. They are worth $6000 ea. they are designed to release at a latter date. This one released early and was handed in. The fisheries then emailed us with the chartered course of the fish. Interesting stuff.

Marlinday055.jpg?t=1175422184 Marlinday056_2.jpg?t=1175422127

Quote:
Originally posted by thursday:
Man, that's a 'kin expensive hobby.
It is and it isn't thursday. The guy I went with would be one of the best in the world, no joke.
We hold one of the largest game fish comps in the world every year down here. This guy won it last year.
While hundreds of huge boats travelled 100s of km, trolling up and down the continental shelf, spending 1000s of dollars on fuel. This guy caught (and released) the winning fish just a few km from port.
His share of the fuel bill was $8 !!!

Mate thats a nice fish.

My fav thing about boat trips is the trawling part!Snagged a small swordfish in Mex with a few mahi mahi and bonito.

Get me back to OZ and give me a boat..!

Mahi Mahi are pretty common out here, but none this day. Has to be my fav table fish.

I was spearfishing in Fiji once and a school of Mahi Mahi swam past, they were as big as me. I was so stunned I never even got a shot in. \:o