http://www.english-trailers.com has prepared materials to accommodate short trailers. Kinda handy, but I ended up making my own materials anyway.

But... you have to either have internet access in the classroom, or you have to download the trailer from someplace else. I don't know why, but I couldn't save the trailers from that site to my pc.

I did a listening task with the Harry Potter trailer. But, I used PowerPoint for my pre-lesson and inserted the trailer into it... then projected everything onto a screen. Much better than the TV, imo.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

bump

Does anybody have any good recommendations for Songs in English? Its a class Im teaching this year. What would be good to use - easy to listen to the lyrics, powerful lyrics, etc...? Im always looking for new artists to try out! よろしく!

Also, Poetry. Im teaching it in my AP English class this year all 1st semester. Got any funny poets you like? Serious? Lyrics? Anything welcome. Thank you and lets sharing!

wave.gif

Can you play a snippet of the scene from Four Weddings, when Matthew recites WH Auden's "Stop all the clocks" for departed Gareth.

Can also explain they were gay partners. And can also tell them that the film is a "comedy" rather than a "comedy romance" because Andie MacDowell doesn't have the schwing factor.

I'm a pretend teacher....ALT.......and I work at Elementary school, so Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes or Simon Says, I'm guessing they won't be so much of a help!! lol.gif