14 year old mum - is this OK?

I think the problem is the inconsistencies in the law. In some cultures a person is considered an adult at 13 or 14. They have finished their formal education, can work and marry. In that situation, with the support of an extended family having children is perfectly acceptable.

The problem in Japan is that the legal age for sex is lower than the legal age at which people can leave school, work or marry. The law is condoning sex where potential parents would have no legal way of supporting any children that resulted.

Scotland seems to make the most sense where people can have sex, leave school, work & marry all at age 16. The rest of the UK is the same except that between 16 & 18 they need parental permission to marry. I suppose that's an outdated law from the days of virgin brides. I've never heard of anyone saying, "Mum, can I go round the boyfriend's house tonight for a shag?"

LOL...

My 21-year-old son used to (and still does actually) ask like that (to me) when he was 16 and 17. ;\)

Son: Kyo, nampa yaritai. ii? Skin aru yo.

Dad: K, be careful! Make SURE you use it! You need some money?

Son: Nn!

\:D

My other 3 kids never do such a thing but that kinda made me laugh reading your last sentence there - knowing that my kid did that. :p