I suppose it will be good for a laugh...

It seems a "right wing version of The Daily Show"

>

For some, it is a sign that the conservatives are preparing to move into opposition; for others, it represents the right's attempt to reclaim satire from the cosy clasp of the liberal elite. This weekend, Rupert Murdoch's Fox News channel, home of all that is "fair and balanced", launches the Half Hour News Hour.

As the title suggests, the programme is not entirely serious. Nor is it entirely fair and balanced. Indeed, it is intended to wrench the iron fist of satire away from the liberals on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show and give the right all the best lines.

Seems the lovely Ann Coulter will be in the house. I wish we still were able to easily get Fox News. Scary as it was, it was at times compelling viewing.

I suppose we always have

though

But Fox News doing a satire wouldn't be funny at all. For satie to work you need to take the source seriously. Who in their right mind believes anything that Fox says or takes them seriously?

For my Right Wing Satire I'll stick with The Colbert Report. Bill Maher ain't too bad either. Hey, is Bill off the air now or will he start up again soon?