Remember them? I remember lovingly putting together a series for a girl I liked at school. I spent ages thinking it through the running order and everything, even designing a lovely cover. But it was worth it, there was a great feeling of satisfaction.

I ended up going out with her, and then splitting up with her when we went to college, but that's not the point.

Just read this article on Guardian and it brought a whole load of memories flooding back. I'm going to have to see if I have some of my mix tapes still stored away at my parents house next time I'm back there.

Good read that. I remember putting many hours into some mix tapes, I enjoyed it. I remember a very special 12 inches extended mix set of tapes I made (complete with a 10+ minute version of Two Tribes and some other "collectibles"). I wonder where they are now.

Tapes were a right pain though really, hey.

Can you still actually buy tape cassettes? I can't remember seeing any. I'd have to buy a player as well.

Wasn't it vinyl vs cassette back then? I remember always buying on vinyl and thinking buying cassettes was the lesser option. Loved the 12 inch covers of albums.