I was just reading about BA workers going on strike. Again. Got me wondering, I have never heard of a Japanese worker strike. Heard of polite demos, that are done in peoples own time eek.gif but not any strikes.

Has there ever been a history of strikes at all?

I remember talking about this with someone a while back. Apparently the teachers went on strike once, quite a while back, in dispute over pay - but it only lasted a few hours and was done at a time that didn't disrupt lessons! Other than that I have never heard of any.

Why are people travelling on such a rude dinosaur?

Cost and convenient. I don't really care who I fly with - they are all pretty much the same from what I can see - but BA are cheaper and give the better connections within UK than others. The only reason I choose them when I do.

Me voting with my feet would usually involve a trip that is at least 20,000+ yen more and a few hours longer.

My experience on BA is no worse than any other airline.

All other things being equal in my experience, I'll vote for my convenience and cost.

Apart from strikes and the like (which have never directly affected me), what is so bad about them compared to other airlines?

I did once. There was no real difference. Maybe the attendents were slimmer in general. It was still "beef of fish" though.

And as I said, those flights do not give me the connections I need within the UK and cost a fair bit more.