Fairly strong earthquake in Niigata

Shait, no wonder....I'm just terrified of them so I learn as much as I can to keep my mind of being crushed like an ant as my apartment collapses into a heap of ruble...

I subscribe to the USGS BigQuake e-mail...I was SHOCKED when I saw the mail come in on the indonesia quake - i'd never seen a magnitude that big in any of the big quake mails.

There's a few of us round here who are very terrified of them! I remember before the Chuetsu one I really didn't give earthquakes much of a thought... just experiences a few small ones and quickly forgot about them. Yappari, a strong earthquake that shakes your house close to collapsing and then 1000+ aftershocks over a period of months makes you more than a bit scaredypants of them. Which I am. Even a little tiny movement now gets my heart racing. And the sound of some trucks coming up the road that sounds very much like an earthquake sometimes gets my mind racing. I suppose that'll never change now to some extent, though I am gradually getting better at coping with these things.

Yea, I was in the Northridge Quake and Whittier quakes in California. And oddly enough I've had the displeasure of experiencing quakes in Taiwan (3 times), Singapore (the great Sumatra quake - although the apt barely moved in Sing), and several in Japan. I hate earthquakes!

A lot, I think it was well over 1000 for ones you can feel. It was on the news last week though that there are still a fair few each day, they are just too small for humans to feel. I remember those first few weeks we were feeling 20 or 30 or more earthquakes every single day. I wanted to run away.

Where they big ones you experienced SirJibAlot?