I wear out mice pretty quickly so as an alternative, I got one of those trackballs from a secondhand shop. After a short while it drove me completely nuts and gave me cramp in my hand. Selecting text is really hard and requires finger contortions that are not natural and that don't really need to be learned in one's middle age.

I took it back to the secondhand shop and sold it for almost what I paid for it (the secondhand shop went bust, and I was not surprised).

I was sorry to see the shiny marbled ball go though, because it was very beautiful. I'm sure sex toys with that finish would make a prized possession.

Oh, and there's an excellent mice section in Bristol zoo. It's designed as an old house and it has mice in the food cupboards and rats in the loft and cellar. We spent nearly an hour in there. Mice and rats are much more interesting to look at than tigers.

Quote:
I wear out mice pretty quickly so as an alternative
Me too. They don't seem to last that long. Mine at the moment is playing up. At times it becomes unresponsive and my pc tells me about it being disconnected, then 5 seconds later it goes good again. Very annoying.

I've got a wireless Logitech jobbie with loads of buttons that I bought in a bout of techlust in the shop.

It's a great mouse, but the charger/sensor thing ends up plugged in all the time. To the mains that is, not just to the USB. I've already got about ten things to plug in around my desk, so I'll buy one with a cable next time.

Those trackball mice are popular with people who use 3D graphics applications. They can spin their 3D objects on the screen on all three axis.

Dont know why you would bother with it for regular use though.

My mouse is a cheapie LED elecom one, 5 years of faithful service.

Does exactly what I need it too.