Another confusing computer question. See bold part below. Is that now possible anyone, are there adaptors? \:\)

Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>

Is ExpressCard technology compatible with PC Card technology?

No, the PC Card interface uses either an ISA-based 16-bit or PCI-based 32-bit parallel interface through a 68 contact pin-and-socket connector. The ExpressCard interface uses high-speed PCI Express or USB 2.0 serial interfaces through a 26 contact high-performance beam-on-blade connector. These technologies are not compatible with each other and moving forward to the high performance, compatibility and cost savings of these modern interfaces required sacrificing compatibility with the older PC Card Standard. In the future, we may see adapters that allow the use of older PC Card products on systems without a PC Card slot through both the ExpressCard and USB interfaces.

You confused me, I am not sure what you are trying to ask.

Motherboards with pci-e slots all have pci slots too, unless you are talking about micro-atx mobo`s.They might not come with pci slots anymore but I can`t think of a model that doesn`t.ISA is so old that you would only use it if you were a hobbyist,no reason to use it.

And this is only specifically for desktops, You can get adapters that allow you to use pci cards connected to laptops.But again there are feew instances I can think of why you would want to do this.

I think you mean can you get pci-e to cardbus adapters, I know you can get pci enclosure to cardbus to enable using a pci card for a laptop.

I can`t find a pci-e to cardbus or usb.

The only reason I could forsee is to use external sata drives and controllers.

Its a new kind of card that is replacing the PC card technology. Dell and others are not stopping with PC cards and putting these things in. Too early to do that I reckon.