That was it - a Pleo R or something. Amazing turning radius.

Kei trucks are indeed a hoot to drive, but I was ashamed to realize that I was driving exactly like one of those jack rabbit farming types and leaving a trail of fuming exasperation behind me.

Apparently you can get a nice all-electric Sambar van for a tidy 300 man. That would meet our needs exactly - if it were less than half the price.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by bobby12:
What km/l do you get on your Prius?
24kms/l is what I am averaging now - but this has gradually increased as I have learned to watch the computer to maximize mileage...its a sport I have enjoyed learning.

Unfortunately I would have to go for the 23S model for the manual or the 15F which seems gutless at 114PS. So I think I will have to deal with it. It has the tip tronic thing so it is not so bad.

What happened to the forum????

Tiptronic is ok but doesn`t quite give you the same control but at least you can shift.I found the auto clutch when shifting to be a bit abrupt, not as smooth a transition.But if you break very gently at the time of changing you should be able to counter that.

I prefer to dip the clutch and ease of the gas before I have to resort to breaking. but having said that it`s a pretty solid car with the tip tronic. I seem to remember the one they gave me for the week to be like that.And of course it no hybrid but I found it to be fairly reasonable on the old petrol tank.

And yeah I liked the rx8 to drive, a lot of fun shame they shaped it like that though,I really liked the rx7 shape better.

I put studless on my old 15inch rims and raised my suspension and took it to minakami onsen one february,roadster with a skirack. Actually handled not too bad.

moloney, 8 is just way too toned down from the rx7. Look on youtube and you might see ......!

Wanna try the Rexy STi before I can say which i like betta.

Spacefroggy, With you on the Rx8 shape, ge-h.

What roasdter you driving? Euneos? aka mazda? or a REAL one?

Cool! I am looking forward to getting it! It would be great to have a car and just belt away somewhere for the day. I think I am getting 16' or 17' rims. Do you think I need chains, I will probably be driving to Haks or Naeba a good bit over the winter. With 2WD I dunno if it will take the heavy mid winter conditions.

I am not a mental driver (well most of the time) so I will take it handy. A roadster with a ski rack that would be some site.

The strangest thing I ever saw was back in Ireland on a motorway about 10 years ago. There was this dude driving down the road in an old Citroen 2CV with the roof rolled back and a couch stuck down inside the car. \:D \:D \:D

I pissed myself laughing!!!!

Mazda Roadster 1.8 `99 but it had a load of work done to it.dropped to 3 inches, 17inch wheels, twin tip and racing manifold, brembo`d. next gonna light tune the engine and turn it into a turbo charged 2litre.

it NB8C and I really don`t line the NC8C aka the latest one.It looks like the eunos again.

I saw a guy who put monster tires under his eunos and it rides very very high.monster truck with eunos body. Now that is a mental sight.

I always fancied putting a small snowplough on the front of mine and then keep the suspension lower.

> Do you think I need chains, I will probably be driving to Haks or Naeba a good bit over the winter. With 2WD I dunno if it will take the heavy mid winter conditions.

You don't need chains if you have studless tyres. And 2WD is fine most of the time, unless you get your front wheels stuck in a ditch, or stopped on a hill with your front wheels on ice (which is quite likely in a resort carpark, but you can still usually manage.)