Only 50 years left for fish

Another alarming prediction:

There will be virtually nothing left to fish from the seas by the middle of the century if current trends continue, according to a major scientific study.

Stocks have collapsed in nearly one-third of sea fisheries, and the rate of decline is accelerating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6108414.stm

Hey, have fun. If you take some VB and forget the lifejackets you will be able to defend you fish killing on the grounds of Australian cultural practices, just like Eskimos do! \:\)

I have killed lots of fish in my day. Its called eating. All animals do it. Problem is that demand is beating sustainable supply.

I think 2 billion perople need to die. It is a natural resolution of a clear problem.

Fish farms tend to come with their own huge environmental costs, though of course this probably could be diminished depending on how it's done.

Massive expansion of marine reserves and effective policing of these and sustainable fishing quotas is also a way forward.

Ultimately it's a demand led thing, and me quaffing enough sushi to feed a walrus, when I went to a kaiten sushi place last month, doesn't do much to help solve the problem. It was however delicious. I was wondering at the time what they'd be putting on the little dishes in 20 years time. Probably jellyfish, which (according to an article I read) are thriving in the increasingly nitrogen rich oceans