• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mefingerod7.jpg

finally got around to investigating the db le spud avatar. The mostly black box raised my curiosity why was it so dark and indistinguishable? I lightened it up and voila!

Nice photo mate, is that you?

jesus, I missed all of this. Not much comment.

Besides the fact that I regularly wear kmart wife beaters, that particular number was purchased from a trendy hemp clothing shop in Harajuku. It has a pattern on it, nothing special, and in that pattern are the kanji for love and strength, or some such crap. I bought said designer wife beater on my second last day living in Tokyo. I also bought a 'Hawaiian' style of shirt made from recycled kimono material. It has koi on it.

Eveything has a story.

"The term has been denounced by the National Organization for Women, who say it trivializes domestic violence. "The implication is that wife beating is not viewed as sufficiently serious to lift it above the level of something that's OK to joke about", says Kim Gandy, president of NOW."

If I hear from you one more time, bitch...

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:
that particular number was purchased from a trendy hemp clothing shop in Harajuku. It has a pattern on it, nothing special, and in that pattern are the kanji for love and strength, or some such crap. I bought said designer wife beater on my second last day living in Tokyo.
Man, you jsut gave me flashbacks to the Seinfeld men's carry-all episode.

"Its not a beater. Its Japanese"

and just to bring it back on topic. . .
the answer to 'what's long, brown, and sticky'. . .
a stick.

and to bring it even more back on topic. . .
who's running the pool on whether me jane craps the delivery room and whether she writes about crapping the delivery room without anyone asking? and whether she writes about it this forum or the babies forum?

We need a second MeJane baby thread and someone brave enough to read in the SJ baby thread could then relate to the rest of us the nice aspects of her story without any of the poo or blood or placenta.

It’s all beautiful and natural; I just don’t like reading about it in that much detail.

>Man, you jsut gave me flashbacks to the Seinfeld men's carry-all episode.

"Its not a beater. Its Japanese"

lol.gif

nn20061026a2a.jpg

anyone else read about the JR worker in Shizuoka who apparently did a bit of harakiri in front of a speeding Shinkansen? if you wanted an instantaneous death then thats one way.

If you want to go in the ultmiate selfish way and cause five bullet train runs to be canceled, and delay another 63 trains for up to three hours, affecting 57,000 passengers then thats the way to do it.

JR charge the family for delays and thats not a local line hes delayed there.

"crunching in a squater is such an indignant way to take care of business."

That maybe so, but I'm pretty glad to live in Japan at times like that. We could start a new thread --'Unpleasant toilet experiences is developing countries'.

actually throughout all of my travels, japan BY FAR has given me the most unpleasant toilet experiences. maybe its because i expect more. it can go either way here; either you have plush and cozy electric seat sterile luxury, or dank awful reeking disaster zones.

> cozy electric seat sterile luxury

I often wonder about that. I would have thought a seat that occasionally reaches freezing temperature would be more likely to be sterile than one that's constantly at a comfortable body temperature...

well cold temperature doesn't actually kill bacteria, it just slows down the rate of reproduction. so the moment you sit down you will warm up the seat and have a massive breading explosion festering underneath you. either way your out of luck. i think the best bet is to hope the staff are frequent and thorough with their bleach.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
was at a station the other day, an old one, and had a calling. arrghhh!
crunching in a squater is such an indignant way to take care of business. mad.gif
Nearly every cafe toilet in Milan (that I went to) has a squatter, and messier than in Japan.