Sorry bearded one, I didn't mean to be rude to you. You asked a fair tech question.

It was the ensuing geek chatter about desktop configuration.... I intended to be rude to those toss-pots.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:
It was the ensuing geek chatter about desktop configuration.... I intended to be rude to those toss-pots.
Clearly too much altitude sickness can spoil a man's appreciation for the hidden economics of desktop real estate...

I knew a guy that said with forceful meaning, almost pride, that he knew exactly where every file was in his folder structure. He knew it like the back of his hand. I think he used to kill his days just pointlessly navigating around his Windows file system and playing with his desktop icons.

Same here, and once something is saved and filed away, I likely never look at it again anyway. Like putting something in the freezer.

At work I am different, but that is because we have loads of stuff that has to be kept orderly and is always being used.

My PC is a total mess.

I have a "clean up" about every month. It's not really cleaning up, more like putting stuff in folders and hiding it. I know I should be better but

a) can't be arsed

B) even if I try, it doesn't seem to last or work.

\:\(

I am very probably more hopeless than you lin.