Sometimes I can't believe how much the Japanese public is getting ripped off for things like DVDs. I was just browsing through a shop today and looking at some tv dvd sets.

One was 19800 yen for a season. Just now I looked on amazon us and you can get the exact same thing (minus the subtitles) for $33 (less than 4000 yen?) Nuts

(BTW I didn't intend this thread to be about why people buy tv dvd sets, why they don't download them, or why they watch tv). ;\)

yeah, I always buy a heap in Bali for about 50 yen each. This years copies were all pretty crap though and now, I'd rather wait and see a good copy cos too many of my discs have gone crazy at the last chapter...

I was shocked to see the prices on some of those things. Having said that back in the UK you often get ripped on full priced DVD sets on the high street (no suprise there).

Then again (both in the UK and Japan) you have the "deals" corners that often have quite a lot of decent movies in at greatly reduced prices. They seem to change them by the month.