Big will ive been in and out of here sking for ten years. the first season 10 years back saw the whole resort open with a 1.5meter base. the next season saw the resort open with a few cms. That season didnt really get going until late january. we had a wicked year 3 years ago but for the most part the snow starts falling in bucket sometime in DEC. Japan needs a 1.5 meter base before you can ski any trees or open meadows. No matter how far you look back resorts wouldnt be opening with much base in December in most places. Wih the advent of snowmaking Id say we are opening earlier.

"We" seems a rather blanket statement for a rather large area, ie Japan. (I presume that's what you meant)

Say what you like, but I have skied fully opened resorts in Yuzawa in mid-December.

The season in Yuzawa is starting later than it used to. That is a fact.

I'm retiring from this thread now, so feel free to continue saying the facts are wrong......

I didnt say that you didnt do it B-W what i said was that it is not always the case. Look at any resort and you see the same things.

Sun peaks first year could ski the whole mountain in early nov, and not open yet.

next season the whole mountain didnt open till

january.

Kawaba 1995/96 whole mountain open by early dec.

next season early January and even then the trees were poo.

Happo Dec 27th 1998/99 3/4 of the mountain open no tree sking, kawaba same time except 2 runs only open.

2000/2001 no snow till the 19th of Dec at happo after that it dumps 2 weeks straight and the whole mountain is opened 25th of Dec to pow hounds.

We get the crazy 2001/2002 season eveything open late Nov.

this season everything opened but only on January 1st.

I could quote more.