Ok, we don't have internet hooked up in our apartment but I just turned on the wireless internet switch on my wife's new laptop and connected! I think I must be connecting to somebody near by's wireless station...

what are the ramifications of this? will their speed go down? will I get a bill?

no bill by what I know. You have done the old trick of plugging a tap into the oil pipeline Kuma! Liquid gold! They may notice it is slow if you start downloading shit, but otherwise I think they won't notice it at all. Even if they did I doubt they would realise someone has tapped their connection, but are more likely to think the provider is working a bit slow. Nice one! ;\)

woo hoo.

(I'll hold you responsible if a bill comes lol.gif )

awesome! a good start to the day.

and Burton is going to warranty my boots too thumbsup.gif

I got a full year of riding out of them too! ha ha

My guess is that someone in your appartment bldg has set up a network and was unable to work out how to set up the security and left it as an open network.

Make sure you have a firewall on and make sure you have no shared folders on your laptop as it may be a way for someone to get in.

Otherwise enjoy surfing the net for free. clap.gif

When I drive through Tokyo I find open wireless connections almost everywhere. The only problem using them is you can't control them - if your neighbours suddenly secure it or turn it off, you are out of luck. Until then, enjoy...