1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

i'm not going to give credit to the vehicle but to the pilot/driver. my point being that if it were a profesional driver in the car, and a monkey in the plane(not the super power or winged type - just your garden variety, hmmm are monkeys often found in gardens?)the car would winunless this was in a scenerio like in that steven king book/movie where all the machines came alive.

i guess it would also depend on the type of race. in a flying race i think that the plane would win. but in a driving race the car could have some advantages. in a water race (above or below) i think that both would find them selves struggling.

Quote:
Either way, the Harrier could simply shoot a missile at the R10 and take it out.
So the Harrier has "lasers"?

lol.gif

But seriously come on, would it have time to lock on and fire. And... it might get disqualified for violent behaviour. (Then again, it might get the MVP award)

"The Le Mans 24 Hours winning Audi R10 is not as fast as a Harrier Jump Jet - but only just.

Audi's LMP1 prototype came within 0.1 seconds of beating a Harrier GR7 multi-role combat aircraft in a one-km race at RAF Wittering in England.

The manufacturers' regular American Le Mans Series driver Allan McNish was behind the wheel of car, which was pitted against the Harrier on an adjacent runways.

Both started from standing - something the R10 doesn't usually have to do in sportscar racing - and the lighter R10 was quicker off the line.

However, the jet, piloted by Flight Lieutenant Pete Keenlyside, just beat McNish over the finish line before it started to climb vertically.

"I had a practice run against the Harrier moments before the race 'proper' and I came very close to beating it - it was a very close run contest," said McNish.

"It was essentially a 'fun' race but when a racing driver and a pilot get together it quickly becomes serious. "

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
what if it was happening on the planet of the apes daver? Then the monkey in question might actually be a good driver...
that is something worth considering. but, if the pilot was the human that came from outer space, i think that his piloting skills would be better than the monkey's driving skills. didn't they put a ban on technology in an attempt to save themselves from the same follies that befell mankind? i think i remember dr zaus saying something along those lines.