17 Year-Old Schoolgirl (Air) Strums Her Way To Victory

if you can find photos of this comp, post em here!

happyglass.gif

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/intl/4252/

o we all knew that the Japanese have a penchant for taking things that the Western world originally start as a joke and running with it until it becomes a world-wide phenomenon. But air-guitar? They’ve managed to take the ‘sport’ to the next level, even going as far as holding annual air-guitar championships. The championships, which had been mainly populated by teenage girls, has now split to also hold the ‘Miss Air Guitar Japan Contest’ as well as the annual ‘Air Guitar World Championship’.

The ‘Miss Air Guitar Japan Contest’ boasted a line-up of 14 lively, panty-flashing, teens, who battled

it out for the number one spot. With the aid of a selection of panty-flashes and well timed smiles, 17 year old Shizuka Mtsubara took out the grand prize. The excited schoolgirl chuffed afterwards, "Since seeing the air guitar championships on TV a couple of years ago, my family and I have become really big fans," the schoolgirl told Shukan Taishu. "What I really like about air guitar playing is that it lets me express myself in a way I like while listening to music I like. I knew people were going to be looking up my dress to see my undies, but I didn't worry about that and just gave it my all."

I want that Miss Air Guitar Japan Gallery!

lol.gif

Here's how the "What is Air Guitar" bit translates as. Possible mistakes here ;\)

------

"Adjusting to music, the competition which sounds the musical instrument discernibly", that is the air guitar. It reached the point where the young person who from 1996 does the air guitar in Finland is exposed with the media, the conference as a street event was held. Later, you attract attention from the media of world nations, you reach the point where it is picked up to also the TIME magazine. Even in Japan from around 2004, the space shower TV "BBL WORLD" inside "air guitar section" ANB "タモリ club", TX "snake meta" "sound God GIGTV! "The inside" pushing patience! Until with the air guitar school "and so on it starts being introduced, to mention earlier" BBL WORLD "the solid area warrior who participated in championship in opportunity (the fungus during future) the topic such that it wins in worldwide 4 rank 2004 it gathers, the Japanese first official group AIR GUITAR JAPAN is established by 2005, same year, with ロックフェス" SUMMER SONIC 05 "the Japanese first official championship is held, it became. The solid area warrior becomes the Japanese representation in at this conference, participates in world championship with official participation, being again to shine in the seat of worldwide 4 rank, does. This year the Japanese championship is held with SUMMER SONIC! As for the rising of the air guitar, as for this year receiving climax you are not wrong!