Some just take it all too far don't they, robbing their kids of a childhood (if society doesn't beat them to it).

Has anyone else seen this story?

A father who was obsessed with making tennis stars of his children was jailed for 8 years after he was convicted of causing the death of one of his son's opponents and drugging 27 other young players. He put large doses of Temesta, an antidepressant, in players water bottles before they played matches with his children.

eek.gif

That's horrible.

Some of the parents (mostly mothers) of the girls I used to do gymnastics with were majorly pushy. Often the coaches encourage this kind of mentality/behaviour which makes it even worse.

I find it very sad that some parents push their kids into extremes with playing the piano or some sports at a ridiculously young age and rob them of their childhood. It's for themselves, not the kids.

I had a friend who was pushed with tennis, he played tennis almost every day in every hour he wasn't at school. He didn't 'make it', and not he hates tennis and has a lot of regrets along with some lingering bad feelings about how he was brought up.