Online Running Shoe Stores.

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
I wouldn't buy Dunlops - they're not widely regarded as a good running shoe.
Hi Nicole, it would seem I pick on everything you say. It really is not intentional.

Anyway, about 10 years ago when I was in the Army training to kill people and defend our way of life, I routinely kicked the backsides of my fellow soldiers and officers in all three regiments in which I served. For PT (physical training) you are issued a bog standard pair of $30 blue Dunlop sneakers. Unlike everyone else in the regiment with their fancy foot gear, I never wore anything but issue Dunlops and no one ever beat me over any distance greater than 5km. On a joint parachute training exercise with the Commando Regiment I even beat all but 1 of those ultra fit freaks wearing my trusty blue standard issue Dunlops during an evening PT session. Fark, I even did all my training for the special forces cadre course in my Dunlops! (never went through with joining though, luckily I grew a brain just in time).

Never knock the Dunlops, they are defending your way of life ;\)

Ocean: go buy them.

The Dunlops say that they're waterproof (unlike my current shoes which have air and water holes in the soles). I'm not entirely sure that airtight running shoes are a good thing, although they might be.

Those early years of competing in gumboots obviously paid off then spud.

Spud, you do pick on me but the narcissist in me considers it to be quite flattering ;\)

In all honesty, it's unlikely that a pair of shoes alone can win you a race. Maybe you were just athletically better than them?

You were in the army 10 years ago? I thought you were 19 or thereabouts.

You can all f'uck off, except for Ocean11.

And if it will make you laugh even more, I left the Army 10 years ago, whilst I actually joined about 15 years ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:

In all honesty, it's unlikely that a pair of shoes alone can win you a race. Maybe you were just athletically better than them?

Thats my bloody point: it doesn't really matter how fancy your shoes are, all that matters is how fit and committed you are.