go it is soooooo nice there. I spent 2 weeks there, I just walked around the mountains from hut to hut, trail to trail. it was awsome. If you dont mind a little or a lot of hiking.

Cheaper to stay in the alpine cabins other wise staying in town is expensive.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Where is that ianbc? Is that a fisheye lens that you are using here? Looks sicccccccccckkkkkkkk.
thats in Val gardena at forcella sassalunga (i think)

its epic there in the summer, crowded but if you over night in the alpine it gets pretty peace full.

and fisheye lens

Sounds great ianbc. Did you do a trip over there recently? Where else did you go?

I am doing a bit of a trip to Europe in the summer and am just planning it now. If you have any other places that you really enjoyed let me know.

Cheers.

it was 2 years ago, i originally went to photograph some stuff in Milan but it was cancelled when i got there, so i got on a train, fell asleep and woke up in venice, spent a few days there, then austria, bubapest,, and then head to northern italy and back to milan.

all in all a good month for freestyling it. All were pretty sweet each had there own charm.

I have a ton of pics from my trip, If I get some time i'll scan some of the better ones.

• 1 month later...

Starting to get some research done - from the initial impression I'm getting there's a lot of hiking involved, and thats not what we're up for. We want more of a quick fix, maybe Switzerland is more what we're looking for.

Chamonix, stunning in summer and you don't need to hike, just ride up in the cable cars and then walk along the tracks or down if you want. Fly into Geneva and you can do a side-trip to Verbier as well, or just enjoy the train ride round the lake on the way to Verbier. Also just a drive through the tunnel to Italy as well.