Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Mr me tarzan always downs some powder from a little green sachet before drinking. Not sure what it is but it comes from the pharmacy. I think it comes in genki drink form too.

I know a few doctors who have hooked themselves up to drips to aid with the rehydration process...
According to my technical department, the green powder is clorophyll, and it acts as an anti-acid.

I've never needed a drip to re-hydrate. Guess I'm not drinking enough, and I'm the wrong sort of doctor.

Kraut iHK - I have a habit of overdoing the headache tablets after a big drink and before bed. I don't know the difference between each type (ibu, disp, pana, neuro, paracet....) I tend to just gulp a bunch in a drunken stupor. Perhaps I am lucky I even wake up some morning, cause I know in some very drunk cases I have had a few... 5 or 6? I have never really thought about it when I am sober. Time I did.

The Vit B do work and are mostly harmless. Beer the next morning doesn't get you drunk, rather it takes the edge off things a little. I have not done this for a long time. Like CB, I really don't drink that often anymore.

Drinking pure German beer with nice natural ingredients also helps with the hangover. If you drink poor quality chemically enhanced booze then you will feel worse. I like Schufferhoffer (can't spell it, the one with the orange label)

Rach - teeth are holding up ok, quite surprising actually. Although the bottom ones are getting very worn out, they no longer have nice round enamel tops. Going to the dentist wouldn't have stopped this anyway (but keeping my braces on would have. The tooth alignment was not good when I took them off and now I think I suffer from unnaturally heavy wear and tear).

I don't go to the dentist either unless something is seriously up (like I pushed the envelope on a Segway and the envelope broke). If you brush your teeth, you can save yourself a lot of needless poking around in your mouth.

I had two cans of beer last night and had a really horrible hangover this morning. 2 aspirin type things didn't clear it up, although a shoulder pounding from Mrs 11 pretty much got rid of the headache. Small quantities of alcohol can be big trouble too.

Black & tan...haven't heard someone use that term in a while CB. I'm a master maker (from the old bartending days) but I don't drink beer (father in-law does though quite plenty).

Quote:
Originally posted by Roger's head:
How come you don't go the dentist spudman? Just don't want to?
No reason, I am just incredibly lazy and I have never detected any holes or pain, just some slighlty abnormal wear and tear. If there was pain or if a wisdom tooth appeared then I would go. The fact that they ar not polished and pefectly white does not worry me as my days of being a good lookin young guy are over anyway.

Ocean - drinking a few poorly timed beers can have a disproportionately bad effect the next morning. I have never been able to figure that one out. I pretty much only drink red wine these days and have found that I don't feel a scratchy first thing in the morning after having an innocent 3 glasses the night before.

(on beer, I have recently enjoyed a local beer by Badger called Tangle Foot. It is not particularly amazing or anything, but I found if it is chilled to 3 degrees and poured in such a way that the head is fluffy and foamy and spilling over the top of the glass, then it is actually very nice to drink. Frigging 100 times better than the lager style beers that are popular here. I don't often drink an ale at home in the unconventional manner which I like it as no local grog shop sells beer from the fridge, which seriously curtails my evening bottle of beer bought on the way home from work. I just cant look at beer sitting on a warm shelf)