As I was coming home from Happo last sat the wife called and said that we're out of kerosene, so pick up a jerry can full at home(her family home). Alright, no prob. I stopped in and got it, tightened the top tight and put it the back of my car. Drove off but at the first turn, I heard a loud THUNK! and I knew it had tipped over. I pulled over to check it out and to my horror I found the stupid thing leaking kerosene all over my board bag. DOH!I raced home and promptly gave my board a shower, then washed the bag in vain 3 times. I threw it out on the balcony (I'll have to check it tonight, to see if it smells any better). Then I had some kerosene on the sleeve of my jacket and of course all over the damn car. I spent an hour and a half washing everything and I was sooo tired and starving. It was a freaking nightmare!The next day we had a 6am machiawase to go back to happo for another day of great pow.(That part was good though)

Then for all of this week driving my stinky car sucked. I was seriously getting dizzy from the fumes.

Luckily the smell is going away now.

sorry just had to vent

Henry Ford used to put kerosene on his head to stop himself going bald (having observed that 'oilmen' never go bald). I'd rather go bald than put up with that smell all day.

Oh, and when you wedge those cans in there, better make sure the cap is screwed on tight otherwise you'll get a kerosene geyser in your car.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:

sorry just had to vent
Dunno if on purpose, but good one! lol.gif

So you get high everytime you drive your car? If you spill some again nobody will believe it was an accident anymore ;\)

Anyway, I do feel for you. I can only imagine the large supply of f words that may have come out of my mouth if that had happened to me.