I was just having my dinner watching the local news just now when this curious feature came on. It was about ads on the side of the roads, kanbans.

Near where I live there is a new "anzen unten" campaign where they are hoping to get people to drive more carefully. The solution? To put up hoardings every km on main roads that have novel ways of getting the "drive carefully" message across. Word play and the like.

Seems to me that such things might - apart from look awful - just make people take their eyes off the road, but the people in the area seemed to think it was a great idea.

After they had interviewed the locals, it switched back to the presenters who said something along the lines of "And they plan to swap the ads around often and put up new ones - something the locals are really looking forward to!"

lol.gif

Perhaps I missed the point. confused.gif

I like the ones where they flag you down like you've done something wrong, then a schoolgirl with acne steps forward to give you some biscuits she cooked and a packet of tissues with the 'Let's enjoy safety driving' slogan printed on it.

I can't imagine anything better calculated to provoke road rage in any normal person who happens to be trying to get somewhere.

It's never happened to me, but I often see it on the news. (In fact, if it had ever happened to me, it would have been on the news.) The people who get flagged down never look at all happy a) because they're not just driving around aimlessly, and B) they're afraid they'll catch acne from the biscuits.