Sorry if this has been done before (did a search but could'nt see anything) I recently bought an american version of PS2 and I want to get that chip that enables it to be multi region dvd/ japanese game compatible. Went to Akihabara where I thought I would have no worries at all- but alas there were worries and search proved fruitless. Anyone with any experience..where to go , get?

It's easier the other way round boadbaka - ie, converting a Japanese PS2 to use US games. Not sure, have you tried places like gdex.co.jp?

I got mine done in Malaysia... Don't think they having it displayed openly in shops, since 'mod'ding your PS2 will allow the systems to run pirated games as well. Also, since you gotta pry your PS2 open to mod it, it voids the warranty. Try the internet, that's your best bet I guess.

thanks for the input 1 and ghost- will let you know how I go later on this thread. I bought it off some geezer advertising in metropolis magazine- Foolishly didn't do any research to the meaning of an "american version"- thanks again BB

Yeah board..just google it...shouldnt be too difficult to get it done.

Check out this site for modding

NZ modding

plus if you check out the NZ Trademe website there are lots of listings for modchips there..most of them will require installing it yourself, but I think that website gives you the option of letting them install it

Kia Ora MB- thanks for that great site- Heard you can get them done in Hong Kong easily- A couple of Indian guys said their used to people who did it cowboy style on the back streets of Akiharbara but a big police bust sent them packing (You'd think the police would have better things ro do with their time!) Take it easy

rgds BB