where do you dine? The Big 3 are ofcourse yoshinoya, matsuya and sukiya.

yoshinoya was my first thrilling experience of gyuudon and therefore always held a special place. However since the banning of US beef. its frankly gone to the dogs.

you cant go past the free miso soup at matsuya, probably the best value 4 money of the 3.

For me though, sukiya is the prefered option. the choice of bar seat, booth or table; the extensive menu; the premium service. plus its very close to my house. my personal favourite is 'herb cheese gyuudon' - sensational.

I'd like to hear your views.

I've lived here much much longer than you rigor mortis and I've got to admit, a little embarassed, that I don't even know matsuya and sukiya. You eat out a lot then?

I don't like yoshinoya, so my vote goes to one of the other two. Ja, Sukiya it is!!

Lets see,

I am vegetarian, so choices are limited. But Mos Burgers has the Gobo Kinpira burger, which is not bad. Dennys also has a few items.

Oh yeah, and that chain of Shokudos (in the black buildings) with the cafetaria style. Cheap eats, and can even get some stuff vegetarian, like the salads and age-nasu.

well, kintaro you must seek out a sukiya!

truth be known, if u r not keen on yoshinoya you wont much care for the other 2. however as farquah pointed out, there is far more variety than the basic meat on rice at sukiya.

Generally I cook 3 square meals a day at home kintaro, but try to get down to sukiya atleast once a week!