help: tokyo 24-hour massage salon

hey, a little while back i read an article in the japan times about a new 24-hour ladies only beauty/massage salon, i think with onsen etc. apparently it's cheaper than a hotel & has resting rooms, plus heaps of other girly stuff to do.

does anyone know where i can find this place? i tried looking on the web but all i can find are soaplands & places like that for guys..

(sorry to disappoint all the guys who may have misinterpreted the subject)

or anyone know a reasonably priced place to stay in tokyo? i've always stayed with friends but everyone is busy, away, etc..

thanks*

I think this was the article?

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getws.pl5?fl20050823aj.htm

Capsule delight

Kate recently had a friend visiting from Australia and, wanting a special Japanese experience but on a budget, decided to stay in a capsule hotel in Tokyo.

"Most of the capsule hotels in the capital are for men only, but we found one in Roppongi that reserves the 4th floor for women." (Men are on the 5th floor.)

This capsule hotel, continues Kate, has been renovated recently. "We were greeted warmly and felt relaxed immediately.

"It was just like a day spa, complete with a beautiful big onsen, sauna, and a special 'Stone Sauna' from Hokkaido (this was my favorite -- a large sauna with relaxing music and we could lie down on special wooden mats on the hot stones).

"Everything was provided, including a yukata, towel and comfort clothes; massage and natural therapies were also available."

The hotel, Spa Community, is at Roppongi 5-5-5; phone (03) 3403-4126. An overnight stay is 4,100 yen (check-out 10 a.m.) or 2,800 yen for the day (check-in after 5 a.m.). Locker, yukata, towel, comfort clothes, onsen, sauna, and Stone Sauna are all included.

Hey, that's good to know about, thanks - it's about half the price of a taxi ride home on the odd occasions that I'm somewhere in the Shibuya/Aoyama/Roppongi vicinity after the trains are finished...

Stone sauna sounds nice.

In Osaka there're some called New Japan, not capule hotels, just 24 hour sauna/massage/rest area as described above. There are male and female ones. I think it might be a chain, so the same may be available in Tokyo.

Frugal Japan recommends quite a few websites listing cheap hotels. If you scroll down the page a bit you there's a link for a 2,500yen a night hotel!

Found this site recently and there's actually quite a lot of other interesting stuff on there if you go back to the home page.

wow! thanks. a friend in yokohama offered me a futon so i think i'll crash there - but that capsule hotel sounds like the article i read.

thank you. i'll be sure to check it out if i can't get outta tokyo this weekend.