ok, i'll give it a go BPC,

So, i guess i will have to spend a good 10-12 hours making playlists, and as far as i can see it is a way of getting around the problem of having more music than the ipod can hold.

You said the magic word "database"

Do you use databases at work BPC?

i used to, and what i loved about well programed ones is the fact that you can design your own views from the bottom. Guess that is what i am missing

righto update time..Have taken a few days off trying to get my player/iTunes to live in harmony after I punched my monitor several times. I decided I was probably a "little" wound up over this.

Anyway the problems are two. I get either a "disk cannot be read or written to" msg or an "error 36" msg. So I went to the Apple site and found that many people have had the same problems. A little more digging around and I found Apples solution. I thought "great" and proceeded to follow their instructions.

Later that evening everything was working perfectly..."YAY" Songs were being loaded onto the player and things were looking rosy. Took the player to work and was very happy.

After getting back home from work I decided to change the music on my ipod. So I plug in the player and wait expectantly for my music......Error 36. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thats when I punched the screen, HARD. It wobbled a bit but no damage done (apart from my bruised knuckles).

So thats the tale of me and an iPod Shuffle. Ive gone back to using my PSP as my music player and am a much less stressed out young man cool.gif