Game-ra, happy man \:\)

No i'm talking about a really old, turn based war game, it came out for atari in 88 or 89 i think, it was ported to amiga and pc. in early 90's a "deluxe version" was made for pc.

The game han 0 (zero) cool effects, is slow (turn based on a big map) and you need to be a bit of a nerd to play it. I know i probably wouldn't find anyone here to play, but i tried...

http://www.classicempire.com/

BoC, no i tossed my old A500 when i left for japan.

a "monster" with a 68040 acc. card running at 25 Mhz eek.gif and 8 mb of 32 bit ram.

but the amiga scene is still very much alive thanks to UAE, ultimate Amiga Emulator, you can find most games online for free dl and play them on your PC. from time to time play with them. good fun!

http://www.winuae.net/

Try it, it's free!!

Tsondaboy, which version are you playing?

Empire deluxe has excactly same features as the original, but runs under windows.

Empire is fun, but it is REALLY fun to play human opponents....

..im ready anytime

I have downloaded the windows version from the link you ve posted. I can also download the source code and compile it in my unix mascine that I use in the univershity, although that is not a wise thing to do... ;\)

By the way, how can you play against human opponents?

Tsondaboy, The old empire classic, which you have is a bit hopeless in design.

The ones for amiga and atari was a lot better.They had support for 3 human players, had a better AI and a more userfriendly interface.

Empire Deluxe is the version i play now.

running empire under winuae (amiga emu) is fine too, not much difference, really

Empire deluxe ofers to play an "advanced" game too, you have two ground units, armies and tanks and two air units, fighters and bombers.

I don't find the advanced game more fun than the classic one.

In deluxe version, you can set more than one waypoint in your patrol paths (can you even do flight path and patrol on classic? on amiga it was posible!)

Some people from Killer bee software recently bought the rights to empire deluxe, and have "Improved" (ruined) it with a lot of new features. i don't like it at all.

I've PM'ed you

Quote:
and have "Improved" (ruined) it
I thought just the same when I tried that newer one. They should leave the "classics" ;\) well alone.