Any Dave Matthews fans out there? Have you bought the new Busted Stuff CD that was released yesterday and do you have the original Lillywhite Sessions? What do you think of it? While a lot of the jams on the new cd are mellow, I actually kinda like the latter better because it sounds more like their live stuff.

The Santana/Dave Matthews collaboration on Supernatural was good - first I'd heard of him. I want to hear some more. That album also introduced me to Cee Lo Green who is also well worth a listen on his own account.

Hey, anybody got any recommendations on good, free music-sharing sites? Kazaa doesn't seem to have much on it... frown.gif (Yo, music companies, you're not missing out on CD revenues here, 'coz I never bought 'em anyway...)

Dave Matthews Band is from the US and has been around for over a decade. Pretty popular with college kids, hippies, people who like jam bands like Greatful Dead, Allman Brothers, Phish, Widespread Panic, etc...

Scouser- try picking up one of their live albums, maybe there are 3 or 4 and are more representative of their melodic style and long jams. I kinda think of it as classical music except its rock/jazz.

Ocean11- Santana`s Supernatural is an awesome CD... a really interesting mix of musicians, eh? Santana`s concerts are really good!

Free sites? Dont know of any anymore. Napster use to be great but dont get on there anymore. Like you said,"Yo, music companies, you're not missing out on CD revenues here, 'coz I never bought 'em anyway..." Yup, MD is the only way to go.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

yo yuki's passion...

have you heard about the True People's Celebration?? Its this weekend (sat, sun) at Yomiori Land...

MMW, the Slip, Su Ra Archestra, Hermeto Pascual, and many many more...

I will definetly be there....

danz

Danz,

How was the True Peoples Celebration? Sounds like it wouldve been a sweet concert to check out - much better than those damn 15,000 yen Fuji Rock tixs, eh?? Guess I finally broke down after years of living here and made it up there - sure makes me wanna get up to Hakuba and Naeba this winter though after the summer travels mate! Saw the Black Crowes have a new live out, do you like them and have you listened to it yet?

It was SWEET! A great festival with some amazing music...the venue is not so good imo, but it was a good crowd, good intimiate scene, and again, the music was tops! MMW rocks my world...

(but its still pricey for 2-days i think...)

about Black Crowes, is it even the same band?? They keep changing members...I wasn't too impressed with their last album, and haven't heard the new one yet...

danz