SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
alan-w

Japan hot in summer and autumn?

I will be in Japan in late summer, September actually. For a country that seems to get tons of snow, it's hard to believe it can get so hot - but that's what I have heard. What's the deal then, anyone kind enough to let it be known?

September is still very much summer in most parts of Japan. It doesn't usually start getting properly cool till mid-October. The first time I went snowboarding this year was in late November. In September, you can expect temperatures in the 30s and humidity of 80% - luvly.

In Nagano, from September, the evenings can be quite cool, but in big cities, expect to sweat all day and all night.

Friggin' hot man.

Late October is the best:

...end of the heat

...beautiful scenery

...winter on it's way

May-October = hot, sweaty and uncomfortable to varying degrees

November-March = cold

April is kinda wierd

The worst time for me is June - World Cup time. Hot and sticky and wet, the rainy season. How is the World Cup gonna be with these kind of conditions?

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.