Just started my Christmas shopping yesterday, getting Christmas foods....fruit cake, custard, Christmas pudding, mince pies, panettone and egg-nog. Egg-nog used to be available in many supermarkets here in Christmas but now it's really hard to find and only in a small number of delis here. Can you get it in Japan? How about the other Christmas goodies?

make the egg nog yourself. Look up teh recipe on the internet.

I have a story about egg nog:

I made it for the first time last year. On xmas eve the area I lived in (just outside Sydney) was surrounded by bushfires and I was outside at night drinking home made egg nog with my dog with huge ashes falling around us. It ws like it was snowing. Except it was 35 degrees, smokey and a strange red glow about 5 miles from my house. There were even heaps of deer. They had been pushed out of the bush by the advancing fire front and were congregating near the ocean.

I evacuated the house the next morning and left about 2 litres of my hand crafted nog in the fridge.

True.

I fed the deer nearly every night over my back fence. I even saw one standing on a car bonnet once. If I left my gate open they would come into the garden and cause havoc. Baby deer, women deer, dear with big antlers. I believe that they are of the Russ variety.

I lived in the bush at the ocean, about 70km's from the CBD.

Some evenings I would jump the back fence and wander off into the bush a few hundred metres and hang my hammock near a pond and stay the night there. The deer would come very close. So would the mozzies.