i want to see the foo fighters in tokyo feb 8th.

i am really itching to go. but i hear its not general admission, ie you have to be 18 to get in.

so i was wondering if its hard for a chick whos under age to get in to these types of places in japan?

i dont speak jap, so even if they ask for id i will be clueless.

will the language barrier/ dumb gaijin card work in these sort of circumstances?

• 2 weeks later...

Completely just guessing but I would say you probably wouldn't have any trouble getting in. They seem to be really relaxed about age limits here. If you aren't wearing a school uniform you should be fine.

So how much is the show? Concerts here seem to be out of control expensive. The Jurassic 5 show in Nagoya last week was rumored to cost over 6500 Yen!! They are awesome and I have seen them a number of times, but come on...I have never paid more than $20US.

On the subject of concerts, has anyone found a website in english that lists American touring bands coming to Japan? I am sure there must be a good one out there somewhere.

I hear ya about ticket prices...they are insane here, but I have just accepted it...music, like skiing, is essential to me, and I will dish out the cash if I have too...

as for the age thing...I don't think you have anything to worry about...how old are you? If you are a westerner (you are right??), then you probably look older than the avg. j-girl at the concert...so don't stress...

web-sites....I use a site called www.jambase.com, but it caters to a certain genre of music...jambands, jazz, fusion...and I also will check out the promoters (organicgroove, relixjapan,etc...) that are responsible for bringing over the bands I dig...

danz

hey thanks.

most asian countries are pretty relaxed about that sort of stuff i guess.

concerts in j-land are shockingly expensive. the foo's is 10,000 but its an all night affair. and there are quite a few bands/djs gonna be present.

i saw them in 2000 for a fraction of that price...i reckon i paid around 50 canadian dollars and it was a festival so i saw decent bands like the smashing pumpkins, our lady peace, a perfect circle aswell.