• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 'yous' and 'y'all' are good, practical responses to a gaping deficiency at the heart of our language. I suspect that this was only felt by English-speaking Americans when they jumped into the melting pot and found what possibilities other languages offered in this area. I also find it rather sexy when nekobi says 'y'all'. Dunno why...

Hey Ocean Nekobi is ultra sexy. I know, Ive seen her in the onsen.

And Nekobi youre going to get it all weekend

YOUS YOUS YOUS YOUS YOUS YOUS YOUS

Pet hates/peeves:

people smoking in a confined room

people hoicking anywhere indoors

Americans that when you ask where youre from say their state

People who take me for granted. Thats my ultra hate, not just pet hate.

Similar to the state thing above, it really bugs me when you ask a Japanese person how old a child is and they tell you what grade they're in. Um, look, the US school system isn't universal you know...

zwelgen you yourself steam up the onsen- oh la la...

and for the record, yes i say yall all time (though not in a very southern accent), but for some reason i hate it when someone puts the apostrophe in it- dunno why.

and what's hoicking??

virginia. haha- just wanted to answer with my state. i know- i feel stupid i don't know these things. i like to be down with lingo, and have improved a lot over the past year and a half so now i use words like loo, jumper, mate, carpark, trainers, etc, but i'm still learning.

i didnt think you would miss the chance to answer with your state.

Another american habit I cant get used to is refering to the time that an event took place by saying "spring 99" or "fall 2000". What is wrong with using the month? Makes it hard for southern hemisphere hicks.

"you know, back in tha fall, it was great, you know, the mariners where on top. Hey, where's my bud, dude".

I have no idea what hoicking is either. Maybe similar to our hacking or horking ???

What is so wrong with answering with a state? If someone said Riverside, America you would be like "whaaa?" But if someone said California I am sure you would have a good idea where they were from.

Virginia...ha! LOL - good one nek.

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
I have no idea what hoicking is either. Maybe similar to our hacking or horking ???

What is so wrong with answering with a state?
So hoicking is sucking all the gunk from either he back of your throat or nose and spitting it out. Usually its kinda thick so gotta really make a lot of noise to get the stuff out. Im not averse to doing it but either go behiend a bush or do it in the toilet but for goodness sake dont do it inside!

And if you asked me where I was from and I said Wellington would it mean anything to you? Nope, so why do you think that when you say Im from Seattle/Philly I know where the F that is? They dont teach american geography in NZ schools ya know. Why would they?

American imperialists. ;\)

hocking is like snorting and then insead of swollowing you spit??

anyways YOUS s h i t s me to tears! im not a b l o o d y sheep or goat or what ever farm animal a ue is!!!

mmm... i get frustrated when people ask you a question at work and then they just dont listen to that answer... arghh... i had like 3 customers like that today killers!

this seems really petty or idiotic...i'll let you be the judge of that.

But two things that irritate me is when someone calls on your home landline and asks you where you are.

its also annoying when you walk in the front door of your home and someone says "your home?"

"You're home?" is rhetorical. You say it to teenagers, and it means "Oh shit, now we've gotta look at your miserable face and listen to more of your petty gripes". My folks used to say it to me a lot.

ta db i couldnt remember how to spell it so i sounded it out! ahehae....

hocking... as in hock like hockey.... hock king... but that term isnt used very often over here, its a spag if anything or a just spitting...

mmm,... delightful!

Ohh I thought of another pet hate today - you know those (in my humble opinion) stupid Japanese ladies voices on intercoms, telephones etc, the breathy, high pitched ultra unnatural voices. ARRRRRRRGH.

I HATE IT. Whats wrong with speaking normally? Ditto women when they speak to children no no no no no!

no disrepect to the blind...but the ****** annoying ching chong chimes outside of public buildings entrances...arrgh and recently outside my office one of the idiots selling baked pototoes from a small truck, you know the ones with the incredibly infuriating high pitched whistle and megaphone on the roof blaring about his rip off priced potatoes....