A new shop, looks like a bakery or cake shop was built up the road from my house. They put the sign up the other day. The name of the shop was Placenta. I thought this was a laugh so I took my camera a day or so later to get a picture. It appears someone gave thema little advice and they have now renamed it.

I think that's a good name for a bread shop. I have had only good experiences with placenta, and that name definitely has a scrubbed-pine kitchen table, maternal sort of ring to it, just what you want for a bakery. What sort of busy-body foreign jerk would go and suggest they change it?

What did they change it to? 'Diapers' perhaps?

i like the english phrases on my JHS students' pencil bags. not grammatically incorrect, but interesting...

here's one:

sex, ecstasy, and other psychedelic drugs

(with the playboy bunny logo)

and another:

My mind is paralyzed. Is your mind OK?

Hmmmmm.

There used to be a building near my old place in Higashi-Kitazawa with big silver letters saying 'There's No Such Thing As A Free Goose'. We could never figure out what it was for. It was there for a couple of years. One day they must have sold out cos it was gone.

There used to be a building near my old place in Higashi-Kitazawa with big silver letters saying 'There's No Such Thing As A Free Goose'. We could never figure out what it was for. It was there for a couple of years. One day they must have sold out cos it was gone.

Quote:
Originally posted by OUfreeski2:
Yeah I gotta video rental store me that advertises diCUNTed videos!!
actually that isntfar from the truth....seeing as Japanese adult are movies are all fuzzed out in the honeypot :rolleyes:

in Niseko drew and i had very big chuckles about the signs...!

The "Lope Towe" other wise known as a Rope tow

and the "Adbanced Runs" other wise known as the Advanced run, and the hardest word out of all of those to spell - intermediate was always spelt correctly!

the other one was the "Biginers Course" also spelt "Biggnirs" on some signs...! soo funny!

it made us laugh so if its for comical value its awsome.

i love the "Lope Towe!"

heahhahe..

\:\)