Please, i need some quick info!

My wife and i are planning a trip up to Tsugaike this saturday, we want to do the Heliride.

Anyone done that, is it fun?

What is the deal with parking at Tsugaike, they charge, right? is the parking open all night, is it ok to sleep in the car?

Thanks a lot for your time

ATB

Thunderpants

If you can't book the heli-trip in advance, be there early. There could be a long queue for the chairlift to the heliski reception area. Last time we went there we couldn't get onto the heli until almost noon.

Check with the ski patrol whether hiking up the Norikuradake is a good idea on the day. It is great if you could hike up there.

Don't know anything about parking.

ok if you want free parking drive past the gondola station towards norikura turn left at the first major street (about 50meters) and climb the small hill park in one of the many snow collection areas where the snow romovers push the snow or find the free parking up there. Remember where you parked your car at the end of the day though. If that fails parking costs 1000 yen a day sleep or no sleep.

With hakubas conditions dont expect much even the high alpine is dust on crust. the run down is easy not done it but know people who have worked there. PS with these conditions it might not be open as they say.